Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) are outstanding middle or senior leaders who have the skills to support colleagues with similar roles and responsibilities. They are leaders who share knowledge and best practice to help other teachers and schools improve.
SLEs focus on developing leadership capacity. They develop the capacity and capability of other leaders so that they have the skills to lead their own teams and improve practice in their own schools.
This may be done through one-to-one or group support and could involve a variety of activities, such as:
- data analysis
- facilitating and training
- joint action planning
As a SLE you have the opportunity to;
- Develop coaching and facilitation skills.
- Opportunity to network with peers.
- Experience of different school environments.
- The chance to learn from ideas and approaches used in other schools.
- Development of skills and knowledge that can benefit their own school.
- Make a positive impact on the outcomes of children in other schools